- SalaryCompetitive salary
- Job TypePermanent
- Date posted17-Nov-22
Role – Python Developer
Our client is one of the largest Financial Institutions and Financial Services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories.
Using technology to transform the world’s leading financial institution, this is a job for the boldest problem solvers in the tech industry.
About Project – We constantly provide new business functionalities, providing development, enhancement and support for a number of Tools and integrations used across the organization.
- Work as a member of the Tools team within the organization. In this capacity, interface with support and development teams across all asset classes, engaged in a hybrid role with primarily development and engineering responsibilities along with the need to support our systems and customers while providing technical and process consultancy and expertise.
- Work on development, scripting and configuration to enhance, improve and add to the tooling suite. Such tools include bespoke applications and integrations; Service Now Integrations; ITRS Geneos (and other monitoring tools); Jira + Confluence and industry CI/CD tools. The in-house code is in a combination of C# (.NET); Python; Java; Perl; Unix Shell script; PowerShell; and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Take responsibility for the execution of tactical and strategic projects that deliver change in the tooling suite and/or its parent organization.
- Work dependably and efficiently under pressure with the ability to balance support (business as usual) activity against the needs of development and project work.
- You will require excellent communication skills, interfacing with IT staff over a wide range of seniorities. Proficiency in verbal, listening and written English is crucial.
- Independently strive for continuous improvement in the supported services and technology as well as self-development.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Proven experience in programming Python, with ideally additional experience in one or more of .Net, C++ / Java ecosystem.
- Development experience with 1 or more industry standard RDBMS (Oracle / PostgreSQL / Sybase / MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge and experience in Web Services and API development, ideally with good exposure to Web front-end technologies (React; Angular; etc).
Nice to have:
- A good understanding of *Nix and/or Windows operating systems (preferably both).
- An understanding of data markup and transport languages and protocols (XML; JSON; REST; etc).
- Experience and/or understanding of regular expressions.
- An understanding of IT Security and Application Development best practice.
- Experience with IT Development and collaboration tools (Git/Bitbucket; Jira; Confluence; etc).
- Exposure or experience with any of the industry cloud frameworks (GCP; AWS; Azure).
Employment Type – B2B OR Perm
The way we work:
- Stable, long-term projects
- Full-time employment contract or B2B
- Flexible working hours & home office
- Tech communities and cultural communities
- Mentoring programs
- Private medical care and life insurance
- Access to Multisport card
- Highly skilled tech team who is always ready to help, collaborate and share knowledge
- Clear career engineering path and the possibility to rotate between projects and teams (for longer time)
- Hybrid working model after Pandemic (we miss each other a lot!)
Have we sparked your interest?
Get in touch! We are looking forward to speaking to you.
Reach out to me on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply for this job to know more.