- LocationKrakow Metropolitan Area
- SalaryCompetitive rates
- Job TypeContract
- Date posted20-Jan-23
Role - Data Engineer
Our client is one of the largest Financial Institutions and Financial Services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories.
Using technology to transform the world’s leading financial institution, this is a job for the boldest problem solvers in the tech industry.
Employment Type – B2B
The SaaS Data Engineer is central to ensuring the growing use of Software as a Service tool meets the bank’s controls and governance requirements. The role will present an exciting set of challenges around the consumption of SaaS products within a global, highly regulated financial service environment, with a focus on two principal areas: firstly examining internal governance processes in order to find efficacies and streamline operating processes, and secondly working closely with third-party SaaS vendors to drive the appropriate selection, assessment, onboarding, and best practice for the ongoing management of Software as a Service solution at scale across Global Businesses and Global Functions (GBGFs) through the delivery of key transformation initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Head of Global SaaS in advocating/driving appropriate adoption of SaaS as part of Cloud First IT strategy, aligning with market trends in SaaS and underlying Cloud technology controls relevant to SaaS security
- Undertake in-depth analysis of information to support SaaS strategic and streamlining / transformation initiatives
- Use insight and management information to support SaaS program governance within the Global Cloud Services team, evolving as appropriate with Third Party Management and other relevant Security or Risk Management policies
- Partner with SMEs such as Architecture, Third Party Management, Cyber, and Regulatory Engagement to tailor SaaS data and insights for a more targeted approach specific to the requirements and risk factors associated with SaaS e.g. underlying Cloud technology controls relevant to SaaS security, insider risk controls associated with SaaS, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive view of SaaS adoption, incorporating key characteristics of SaaS solutions, and creating a clear picture of the portfolio risk implications across suppliers and underlying Cloud platforms
- Provide reporting and dashboards to ensure data-driven discussions for continuous improvement, including the definition and visualization of key quantitative and qualitative metrics and KPIs for tracking current SaaS usage and service performance. Align analysis and metrics with market trends in SaaS, and enable automation wherever possible
- Support communication of progress, findings, outputs, and updates to Global Cloud Services and IT Executive Leadership
- Reinforce SaaS program governance within the Global Cloud Services team, evolving analysis as appropriate with information from Third Party Management and other relevant Security or Risk Management policies
- Partner with GB/GFs and Regions to maintain the SaaS inventory and pipeline, and make regular updates in keeping with strategic changes and SaaS adoption progress
- Use the results of your analysis to support process improvements and to help advocate the appropriate adoption of SaaS across Global Businesses and Global Functions
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive experience in complex data analysis, utilizing outputs to inform direction and decision-making, and the ability to present easily consumable information in the context of strategy and business activities
- Demonstrable and substantial experience working with data manipulation and presentation tools such as (but not necessarily limited to): PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx, and Excel
- Broad understanding of Software as a Service model, and knowledge of public Cloud service providers (e.g. MSAzure, AWS, and GCP)
- Knowledge of third-party management and/or outsourced service management and multiple dependencies in a supply chain from both a governance and a technical perspective
- Proven experience in delivering data analytics for IT strategic, regulatory, streamlining, or transformation programs and in navigating complex global technology and stakeholder environments within large IT or Financial Services organizations
- Experienced change agent with proven knowledge of technology (particularly Cloud), process, and organizational change; a track record of problem-solving; constantly looking for ways to do things better; plus an excellent understanding of the mechanisms necessary to successfully implement change
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Have we sparked your interest?
Get in touch! We are looking forward to speaking to you
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply for this job to know more.