- LocationKrakow Metropolitan Area
- SalaryCompetitive rates
- Job TypeContract
- Date posted17-Mar-23
Role – DevOps Engineer with Data
Our client is one of the largest Financial Institutions and Financial Services organizations in Europe, with operations in 50 countries and territories.
We are looking for a GCP DevOps Engineer with Data / Data Engineer with experience in Data processing technologies and techniques to join our Krakow-based POD and lead the building of the client’s target state Data Warehouse Solution and Data models/products. Whilst core skills are listed below, we are mainly looking for passionate people who are looking to continually improve and challenge themselves to work in a highly disciplined, verifiable manner.
The person will also develop, test, deploy, and optimize data pipelines (databases, files in batch and stream) data models, data products, and reporting views for a variety of Data sources (other cloud providers and on-premises) along with its supporting CICD pipelines.
Employment Type – B2B/Perm
- Review and refine, interpret and implement business and technical requirements
- Ensure you are part of the on-going productivity and priorities using User Stories, Jira, Backlogs, etc.
- Deliver requirements to scope, quality, and time commitments in Agile mode and practice
- Responsible for onboarding new data sources, design, build, test and deploy Cloud data ingest, pipelines, warehouse and data models/products.
- Build and operate optimal data pipelines/models/products with SQL, stored procedures, indexes, clusters, partitions, triggers, etc.
- Creating, owning, enhancing, and operating CI/CD pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Groovy and etc.
- Deliver a data warehouse and pipelines which follow API, abstraction and ‘database refactoring’ best practice in order to support evolutionary development and continual change.
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration, back-population, and feed-to-warehouse initialization.
- Extend the solution with Data Catalogue.
- Protect the solution with Data Governance, Security, Sovereignty, Masking and Lineage capabilities.
- Deliver non-functional requirements, IT standards and developer and support tools to ensure our applications are a secure, compliant, scalable, reliable and cost effective.
- Ensure a consistent approach to logging, monitoring, error handling and automated recovery as per HSBC standards.
- Fix defects and enhancements.
- Maintain good quality and up to date knowledge base, wiki and admin pages of the solution
- Peer review of colleague’s changes.
- Speak up and help shape how we do things better.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Expert in Administration and development of Traditional and Cloud Databases
- Excellent understanding of GCP Core and Data Products, Architecting and solution design
- Minimum 1+ years of working experience on Google Cloud Platform Development, especially in Data / ETL related projects
- Data preparation, wrangling and refactoring skills, for example as part of a Data Science pipelines
- IT methodology/practices knowledge and solid experience in Agile/Scrum
- Experience in building and operating CI/CD life-cycle management Git, Jenkins, Groovy, Checkmarx, Nexus, Sonar IQ and etc.
- Experience in Collaboration tools usage such as JIRA/Confluence/Various board types
- BS/MS degree in Computer/Data Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English. Proficiency in verbal, listening and written English is crucial.
- Enthusiastic willingness to rapidly and independently learn and develop technical and soft skills as needs require.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good team player who embraces teamwork and mutual support.
- Interested in working in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Experience of deploying and operating Datafusion/CDAP based solutions.
- Experience in GCP based big data / ETL solutions DevOps model.
- Expertise of Java, Python, DataFlow.
- Broad experience with IT development and collaboration tools.
- An understanding of IT Security and Application Development best practice.
- Understanding of and interest in various investment products and life cycle and the nature of the investment banking business.
- Experience of working with infrastructure teams to deliver the best architecture for applications.
- Working in a global team with different cultures.
- Private medical care and life insurance.
- Multisport card
Have we sparked your interest?
Get in touch! We are looking forward to speaking to you:)
Reach out to me at email@example.com or apply for this job to know more.